Monday, January 12, 2009

Young People and Truth

Put this up your Emergent pipe and smoke it, or at least have a conversation about it.

I could not have said it better myself:

“I know that some in my generation have a hard time with truth claims. But I’m convinced there are just as many of us-Christian and not-in our postmodern world who are tired of endless uncertainties and doctrinal re-paintings. We are tired of indecision and inconsistency reheated and served to us as paradox and mystery. Some of us long for teaching that has authority, ethics rooted in dogma, and something unique in this world of banal diversity. We long for Jesus-not a shapeless, formless, good-hearted ethical teacher Jesus, but the Jesus of the New Testament, the Jesus of the church, the Jesus of faith, the Jesus of two millennia of Christian witness with all of its unchanging and edgy doctrinal propositions.” (Why We’re Not Emergent: By Two Guys Who Should Be, pages 116-117)

No comments:

Post a Comment