Six Ideas for Preaching the Gospel to Yourself (for busy moms)
1. Take 15 minutes a day to read and re-read chapters from books on the gospel. The Discipline of Grace and The Gospel for Real Life by Jerry Bridges, Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die by John Piper, Living the Cross Centered Life by Dad, and books by Charles Spurgeon--all are great places to start.
2. Listen to Scripture throughout the day.
3. Listen to sermons online from your local church and biblical teachers. Even if it takes you a week to get through one sermon, you’ll benefit from the little bit you hear each day.
5. Write one gospel Scripture on a note card and post it where you’ll see it often or carry it in your pocket for review throughout the day.
6. Listen to gospel-centered music.
Are you a busy mom? First off my prayers are with you along with a huge portion of gratitude. Dr. Martin Lloyd Jones once spoke to a group of young pre-med students (all men). These men had apparently had a hard time staying in the Word and in other activites of Spiritual Disciplines. They complained about not having time. The Dr. told them that only one group has the right to use "lack of time" as a viable excuse, what was that group? Single moms.
Moms, do you need some great wisdom, go check out the Girl Talk Blog!
Thank God for the strength, patience and gentleness, God has given mothers.