Thursday, July 30, 2009

4 Years Of Blessing and Marriage to Lauren


Lauren Icenogle was in 1st and 2nd grade with me. I can truly say that I did not notice her all that much those days. I was more concerned with soccer and running away from the ladies then looking for a girlfriend.

After elementary we lost contact. Ok we did not really have contact in elementary, but still. We went to different middle schools, high schools and colleges.

It would not be until Aug.15th, 2003 when we would meet again. I was a new Christian that had just ended a very bad relationship with another girl that day, in search of Christian friends. She was a Christian raised in the church who was back from college also looking for friends. We both arrived as first time visitors to Calvary’s college group, called G.A.P.P. (or something similar). She had a Reliant K t-shirt on which for me signified that she was probably someone who knew her way around the church, so I could just follow her to figure out how to get to the room the group was meeting in. I was wrong. Lauren being new too, wandered all over the church looking for this group with me following her, thankfully she did not pull out the pepper spray.

It would not be for a couple more weeks until we really got to talk and meet.

And the rest...you know, is history.

There is a lot more to the story of how we got to where we are today, but I will always treasure that night, Lauren and I call it ‘the night I followed that girl in the Reliant K t-shirt.”

6 years later we celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary.

I love her today more than I could have thought possible on the day we married, and more then even a year ago.

Lauren is a gentle, loving woman who I am so blessed to have as a wife.

She is a beautiful and Godly woman who loves Jesus more than me.

She is a patient and caring mother to Jordyn and Brayden, and I have no doubt will be the same with the new Griego due in November.

She is trusting and encouraging as she follows my lead at home and in our future prayers and plans to plant a church in downtown Albuquerque.

In short, Lauren is an evident sign of God’s Blessing and Grace in my life, and today I praise the Lord for 4 years together and if He wills many, many more!!

An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels. Proverbs 31:10

I married her 4 years ago, and she is far, far more precious!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary, Los and Lauren!

    ReplyDelete