1. Have an open Bible on your lap during story time. This reinforces where the story comes from—God's word.
2. Use short sentences and few words. Too many words overwhelm young minds.
3. Be animated in your facial expressions and tone of voice. This will help keep children engaged.
3. Incorporate movement into the story and singing. Children this age need to move their bodies. Movement helps them learn and remember what you're teaching them.
4. Create routines during the story/circle times by using songs, finger plays, etc.
5. Use repetition to cement biblical concepts in children's hearts and minds.
6. Keep it short and sweet. A story time of 5-10 minutes is the maximum children this age can attend to and sit for.
The War We Need: Not a Review of ‘Dunkirk’
2 hours ago